What is Microneedling?
With Microneedling the skin is encouraged to create new collagen and elastin. This natural self-repair mechanism will help your skin to look plump, smooth, and healthy. Microneedling rejuvenates the skin, reduces acne scars, pore size, and stretch marks by using tiny needles to puncture the top skin layer. This triggers collagen and elastin production.
How Microneedling Works
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, Skin2O Spa | Dr. Helena Guarda use the FDA-Cleared SkinPen Microneedling device and it works.
Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to combatting the appearance of facial acne scars.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Dr. Guarda will recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, Dr. Guarda or her outstanding staff will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 to 60 minutes.
A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of the microneedling device during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Aftercare. Dr. Guarda or her staff may recommend a skin care regiment to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
Call today for more information
Before & After Pictures