Pre- Chemical Peel Instructions
- Avoid using any alpha hydroxy acid products (such as glycol or lactic acid) or salicylic acid products for 72 hours before your peel
- If you use Accutane, discontinue for a year prior to the chemical peel
- Avoid retinol, tretinoin cream (Retin-A), waxing, electrolysis, masks, scrubs or exfoliants, tweezing, injections, microdermabrasion, the use of loofah or any products that may be drying or irritating
- Do not shave face the day of the peel
- If you have open lesions, active cold sores, facial dermatitis or facial irruption you are not a good candidate for the peel till after it has completely healed
Post- Chemical Peel Instructions
- Avoid any aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity for the first 48 hours
- Use of sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater at all times for at least a week after your peel. It is recommended that you continue to use these products to help protect your skin and maintain the benefits of the peel even after your initial week
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Too much sun exposure may cause improper healing and in some cases may reverse the benefits of the peel.
- Treat the skin gently- DO NOT Exfoliate- thought you may experience mildy red, dry, or flaking skin for several days or more after your peel.
- Do not pick or pull at peeling skin. The dead will naturally slough off.
- Avoid alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids products, retinoids, retinols and facial products containing fragrance for a few days after.
- Consult with your Esthetician on when it is safe to go back to your normal home care regimen